EJ Electrical has been providing electrical design, manufacture, repair, refit and installation services to the marine industry for over 35 years. EJ Electrical Engineering Contractors were established in 1968 as an electrical and electronic engineering company specialising in the commercial and marine defense field.
The Company’s registered office and operations base is located in the heart of the WA commercial shipbuilding industry at Henderson, south of Fremantle, Western Australia. This facility of approximately 3000sqm houses;
• Administration, procurement, design and quality assurance offices
• Main store
• Switchboard manufacturing section
• Motor/generator overhaul and service centre
• Main workshops
• Warehouse & cable store
Since 1973 the company's mainline operations have been commercial marine installations, industrial installations and maintenance; with defense maintenance and overhaul included in 1995. EJ Electrical has been providing a total service from design and installation through to commissioning and follow on maintenance. Other key functions include complete marine overhaul/refits of electrical machinery and systems, from trawlers through to tankers. EJ Electrical is also the Australian agent for HELKAMA ship wiring cable, Auto-Maskin engine monitoring & controls, and the Western Australian agent for Mastervolt power products.
Fields of Operation
• Marine and Offshore
• Defense - Navy & Army Surface and Submersible Vessels
• Oil and Gas
Hazardous Areas & Explosive Atmospheres
EJ Electrical has trained and experienced electricians that are certified for work in Hazardous Areas and Explosive Atmospheres such as FPSOs and Drilling Rigs.
Hazardous area services include;
• Repairs and maintenance
• Inspection, testing and reporting
Full design packages are available including engineering and drafting for particular manufactured products such as switchboards and starters up to complete new vessel electrical systems and refits.
Design services include;
• Complete design packages
• New build electrical system design (AC and DC)
• Refit electrical design
• Switchboard, starter and control panel design
• Alarm and monitoring system design
• Generator control system design
• Electrical power generation, protection and distribution design
• Electrical drafting service
Our extensive experience with a vast array of marine applications, from luxury motor yachts to defence vessels, allows our team to provide attention to detail while ensuring the best possible quality and system reliability.
Installation services include;
• Cable supply, installation and termination
• Complete electrical system install
• Electrical power generation, protection and distribution installations
• Control system installations
• Air conditioning/refrigeration electrical systems
Maintenance & Repair
EJ Electrical has been proving emergency and scheduled maintenance and repair services to a vast array of clients including container vessels, oil rigs, luxury vessels, tankers and defence vessels.
Maintenance and repair services include;
• Emergency response repairs (e.g. fire damage repairs)
• Electrical power generation, protection and distribution maintenance and repair
• Mechanical services
• Rewinds (transformer, generator/alternator, electric motor)
• Rotating machinery repair (generator, alternator, electric motor, fan)
• Generator/Alternator control system service and inspections
EJ Electrical is able to manufacture products to meet your specific application, requirements and the installed environment. All goods are manufactured to the highest level of quality and are managed by our ISO 9001 Quality Certified System.
Manufacturing services include;
• Switchboard and distribution board manufacturing (to a capacity of 1MW)
• Engine control systems (population and generator sets)
• Motor starter panel and control panel manufacturing
• Alarm and monitoring systems
• Earth fault monitoring systems
• Technical engraving - Engraved panels and labels
EJ Electrical is able to supply skilled and experienced marine electrical personnel for routine work and emergency call out. We have sutable personnel available to fill roles such as Project Management, Supervision and Tradesmen. All personnel are suitably qualified, licensed and have major passes required in the marine industry.
Personnel qualifications & passes include;
• Electrical Workers Licence
• Hazardous Area (Install, Maintain, Test, Inspect & Report)
• Advanced Rigger
• White Card/Blue Card
• TBOSIET (Warm Water HUIT)
• Elevated Work Platform
• MSIC (Maritime Security Identification Card)
EJ Electrical is the Australian distributor for Helkama Ship Wiring cable, Auto-Maskin Engine Controls and is also the Western Australian agent for MasterVolt.
• Auto-Maskin - Engine Control and Monitoring Systems
• HELKAMA - Marine Electrical Cable
• Mastervolt - Battery Chargers, Inverters and Generators
• MGF Packing System - MCT Penetrations
• Manufacturing & Custom Builds - Switchboards, Starters & Panels
• Fittings, Fixtures & Consumables - Lights, Power Outlets, etc
• Electrical spare parts and accessories
• PLC systems
• Marine and industrial electric motors
• Alarm and monitoring systems for marine and industrial applications
• Technical engraving - Engraved panels and labels
• Explosive atmospheres (hazardous area) systems
EJ Electrical have developed and implemented a quality management system complying with ISO 9001. At EJ Electrical, we never compromise quality for price. Our quality assurance certification ensures our clients get exactly what they want. We have a simple philosophy of getting the job done on time and on budget, while still providing quality of service
Design & Development
EJ Electrical has a strong belief in “advancing with the times” and employ “state of the art” technology and principals throughout our design and development processes. As specified in our design control procedure, the finished design is a result of not one, but several members of a committee who are qualified and experienced in the design field. The combination and comparison of ideas and knowledge from the committee results in a more efficient, competitive, safe and reliable design. The design process interfaces with the client’s organization to ensure all requirements are adequately addressed.